Q: I have tried to install a software for many times, but I always encounter the message "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: WINTRUST.DLL. Please install [APPLICATION] again." Some friends told me to download a new WINTRUST.DLL files. Nothing happened. I don't know if I have done the right thing. Can anyone offer some help? Many Thanks. Brandy Phillips
A: Hello, as a matter of fact, It is possible to fix WINTRUST.DLL if you have tried the below method.
Sometimes, WINTRUST.DLL might be caused by the wrong installation of a software. Before you uninstall the software, you had better perform a totally clean for your computer.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows 7 or Vista:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Fix WINTRUST.DLL Error by yourself!
Step One: Download WINTRUST.DLL Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the WINTRUST.DLL file is damaged. Restart your PC and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the WINTRUST.DLL missing error still persists, you had better run a SFC for your system In most cases, SFC will find out the missing WINTRUST.DLL system files for you, and fix it easily.
Guide to Using SmartPCFixer
1. Click Here to Download SmartPCFixer.
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.
Therefore, WINTRUST.DLL fixer is the best solution that will help you solve problem with ease.Link: