Q: I have tried to install a software for many times, but I always encounter the message "This application failed to start because SECHOST.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Some friends told me to download a new SECHOST.DLL files. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks. Lance
A: Hi, in fact, there are several ways for you to troubleshoot SECHOST.DLL errors.
At whiles, a newly installed program might be the main reasion of SECHOST.DLL missing error. Before you uninstall the software, you had better perform a totally clean for your computer.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows 7 or Vista:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the searching box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Fix SECHOST.DLL Error by yourself!
Step One: Download SECHOST.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the SECHOST.DLL file is damaged. Restart your computer and see if the problem is removed
Step Three: If the SECHOST.DLL error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC will hunt for the damaged SECHOST.DLL system files for you, and troubleshoot it easily.
Guide to Using SmartPCFixer
1. Click Here to Download SmartPCFixer.
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.
In a conclusion, SECHOST.DLL error fixer is the best solution that will resolve issues with the shortest time.Link: